SANSOR invites unemployed graduates who want to have a career in the seed industry to apply for a graduate placement. This opportunity will allow graduates to acquire practical work experience through mentoring and exposure in the seed industry.
Successful applicants will be placed at various participating companies throughout South Africa. SANSOR does not pay relocation costs to appointed candidate(s) who must relocate to another province.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are interested in acquiring work experience in the following areas of specialisation or disciplines stated:
Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Soil Science, Agronomy, Horticulture, Pasture Science, Biotechnology, Plant Physiology, Genetics and Molecular Plant Biology and Entomology, Virology and Bioinformatics.
Who can apply?
- Unemployed South African graduates and postgraduates studying Agriculture, or agriculture related degrees.
- South African Permanent Residents with a South African Identity Document. Non-South Africans are not eligible.
- Applicants should not be older than 30 years old at the time of submission of an application to qualify.
- Only graduates who hold an Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s degree at NQF level 7, Honours or BTech degrees at NQF level 8 and MTech or Master’s degrees at NQF level 9 and DTech and PhD at NQF level 10, qualify to apply for this graduate placement programme.
- Candidates who would be registered full-time during the 2020 academic year need not apply.
- Candidates have to be available from March 2020 – April 2021 with no other commitments.
- Students that will only graduate in 2020 but complete their qualifications before 1 March 2020 are welcome to apply.
Short listing and interviews
Short listing and interviewing of applicants will be conducted by the participating host companies. Applicants will be shortlisted and called for interviews via their personal emails and cell numbers listed in their application. Applicants are advised to check their emails from 15 January to 28 February 2020.
The programme is offered for a period of 12 months. Successful applicants will be required to sign a graduate placement contract for the duration of the internship period.
Graduates will receive a monthly stipend. Transport and accommodation will have to be arranged by the graduate at their own cost.
How to apply?
Applications open on 1 November 2019. All applications must be submitted to email@example.com no later than 15 December 2019.
Your application must include the following documents:
- Two-page (maximum) CV – Please ensure the following info is clearly visible on your CV:
- Transferable Skills
- A cover letter to accompany your application